Thursday, March 14, 2013

crack me open and fill me up

















empty 
open
ready to receive 

broken
yet still together

life 
a new
possibility

empty me
dear GOD

drain out 
the stuff in life
that gets in my way

open me up 
and let in the light

make space
for something new

again
        and 

   gain!

open me 
and fill me

that i might 
sense what is before me

that i might 
celebrate what is

                  now

the easter story 
is before
us
and it is a story 
indeed

but if the story
of GOD'S
willingness 
and 
ability to 
stretch beyond the 
reaches of 
death 
does not come 
alive 
in a way that
opens us
and fills us
then 
what is the worth of the story?

LORD
GOD
crack me open
pour me out

then
fill me
with the 
grace 
and the life
that only 
you can 
offer

No comments: