Thursday, February 21, 2013

i imagine

i imagine
GOD
speaking:

bring me your
heart

scoop it up and
bring it to me

put it in my hands

bring me
your love

dig down deep
and remember
how many times
how many people
i've put in your path
to speak
whisper
sing
and dance
that you
might
have love
know love
share love

bring me your
compassion

look all around
how many ways
how many times
i've created
forgiveness
new beginnings
hope
intrigue for
a better future

bring me your
heart
the one i
breathed to life

hand it over
not as a ransom
not as a threat
not as ultimatum
not as a debt

hand it over
and come to
know

come to experience

in whatever
way you can
know and experience

just come
and hand it over

all the thinking
all the feeling
all the asking
all the projecting
all the angst-ing
all the theorizing
theologizing
all the words
and emotions
and actions
and responses

hand it over
and let go
and see
what happens

for this journey
does not depend
on what you feel
what you think
what you ask
what you know
what you worry
what you project
what you say
what you do...

this journey
is about
my love
my grace

hand over
your heart
not as condition
nor power lost
or power gained

hand over
your compassion
and love

and
fall
into the depths
of the story
i've been telling
and living
from ancient
beginnings
to this
very instant
into tomorrow

hand over
and fall in
and all
that you 
have been searching for
longing for
looking for

it will be
come
evident
and real
and live!

so
i imagine...

No comments: