Thursday, August 16, 2012

happy birthday momma

my momma and me

it's my 
mommas day
it's her
birthday
so i say 
a nap 
for us all
to celebrate
this 
important date...

because
without my 
momma
i would not 
be writing these words!

my momma:
beautiful and strong
and smart enough
to know what is
and what isn't. 

i can hear her right now...
"do you want a glass of water?"

yes 
someone would reply.

"then get up and get it yourself!"
she would reply with a laugh 
while bringing you a glass
but sometimes on 
a rare occasion 
not!

i can here her right now...
"do you want some cookies?"

no i would say
knowing i had already had enough
but hoping that she 
would translate my no 
as yes and then 
bring me at least one cookie anyway.

she usually brought  you 
two cookies even when you said no!
oh...
how i love her
how we love her.

today
i give thanks
for this 
woman 
who gave me birth.

today 
i give thanks 
for the woman 
who gave her birth.

happy birthday 
momma!
 

No comments: