Saturday, December 4, 2010

retro chevy....a little reality check.

The music and the old retro photos
are designed to
well up within us
nostalgia
enough
to
run out and by a new Chevy.

Remember the first
Chevy
the announcer
speaks as if
he were Paula Dean
urging us to go ahead
and put one more stick
of butter in an
already four stick
of butter recipe
and we can't resist
because
who doesn't like butter!

Remember your first
Chevy....
that feeling....

the memories.

Only thing
is...
I remember

my

first


Chevy...


A hand me down
from my sister.

Oh sure the car
came with stories
we laugh about to this day....
like the package of
bottle rockets
that ignited
and melted
the passenger
side carpet.

How did bottle rockets ignite
you ask?
Well that's when we
found out my sister
was smoking!

But,
I digress.
This is not a post
about my sister's
sin!

This is
a post
about
a reality

check.

I'm no auto expert
but I'm just remembering
the Chevy Vega
was not
the brightest moment
for Chevrolet.

By the time we got that
Vega out of our garage...
(ok...who am I fooling we
could never get a car in
our garage!)


we were pouring a

can a oil a week into
its motor
just so I could get to school.

The oil companies
loved my first Chevy....
maybe they were the ones
who designed the thing.

I can't say
that my first
Chevy experience
is much inspiration
to run out
and buy another one.

Just saying.
But,
I'm am open minded person
and if Chevy
comes a knocking
with a really good deal...
I might just listen.

But again....
this piddly little
blog
isn't enough to
catch Chevrolet's attention...
so
I'll go on
driving my latest
hand me down.

By the way
my Vega
was dark green
without the
faux
wood panels.


No comments: