Thursday, October 21, 2010

included again...


All in favor.

Say, Aye.
Those not in favor.
Say, No.

Ayes
have it.

And I am
once again
received into
the bounds of
a Presbytery
to serve as a
minister in
good standing.

Pines, New Covenant,
Mission, and Grace....

I am now a
minister
member of
Middle Tennessee
Presbytery as
of about 11:15 a.m.
today.

They asked:
Can you elaborate on your understanding
of the sacrament of the Lord's Supper?

Do you love Jesus?

What gifts do you bring to this Presbytery?

I shared my answers
with stories.

I love Jesus

because of folks like
Mrs. Deison,
Mrs. Lowery,
Wayne Hickman,
and in my most recent
past...
members of the
First Presbyterian
Church in
Gatesville.

These faithful ones
have been the voice,
hands, arms, and ears
of Christ.

Their love

has revealed
Christ's love.

This journey is not
about power or
prestige...it's
not about who is right
and who is wrong.

It is about revealing
the love of Christ....and
receiving the love of Christ.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful. Singing the Doxology!