Tuesday, April 15, 2008

more local religious art...




I do have to admit that the Methodists and Baptists are not the only ones with a big steeple in our city. A neighboring Presbyterian Church entered the steeple business when moving to a new location. Their steeple is a postmodern version with a gold guided cross.




Christians aren't the only faithful making an artistic mark either. There are over thirty statues filling the front yard of a ranch house turned temple. The sight of so many statues in such a small space will cause a driver to forget she is driving!


And lest you think I can't look to my own story. I can. The church I serve does not have a steeple but boasts a tower. The tower is far shorter than the steeples that have been sighted....and yes our tower is topped with a cross fashioned from metal water pipes covered with white paint!



No comments: