Thursday, October 11, 2007

a night to remember...

Fifteen years ago about this time I was asleep! I had been up for more than 24 hours waiting, working, praying, breathing with my wife to bring our daughter into the world. She didn't want to come out. Eventually the doctors had to perform a C-section. When my daughter came out she had a lump on her head! But y'all she was beautiful....lumpy head and all. She had red-orange hair like mine and was long and skinny like my wife's family.

Today she turns 15. Her brother skipped his football game to come home for her birthday dinner. He simply said, "It's just the right thing to do." I remember the first day he saw her. He held his new sister in his arms. He was only 2. He held her and looked up at his momma and said, "Thank you." Today he bought her a blue tooth for her phone. He did it all on his own.

I stayed home today. Cleaned the house. Baked a two layer cake.

Tonight we will have a great dinner.

My daughter is 15 today.

Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Mom&more said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR WONDERFUL DAUGHTER. She is lucky to come from such a caring family. Your son is great.