Tuesday, November 20, 2012

we love because GOD loved us first

love GOD
fear GOD

i learned from
the beginning
that GOD loves
me

i learned that
before i spoke
thought
chose
responded
accepted
or understood anything...
GOD loved me
GOD
loves
me

when i started speaking
thinking
choosing
accepting and working to
understand
i better learned the depth and width
of GOD'S love
and that 
fear of GOD 
meant awe
honor
respect 

i read this morning over
in facebook land that for some
fear has been elevated 
to the same status of 
love

and yet the greatest commandment 
JESUS said was 
LOVE

over in facebook land
fear as it was being expressed had more to do 
with
fear...
be afraid

i no longer accept such words
there are too many churches and too many people 
who advocate fear as being faith

i no longer fear them
or their words

though their tenacious emphasis 
has and does cause anger to well up 
within me...
i have to stop and take a breath 
and remember the first lesson i learned 
LOVE

GOD loves me and GOD desires that i love others 
as i have come to LOVE myself....
so i stand before your fear and offer 
LOVE




No comments: