Tuesday, August 14, 2012

where is velma when you need her...

velma
came and went 
in my life too soon.

she created the painting 
above.

she worked to find 
words to share with me
as to how 
one goes about 
creating such art.  

perspective 
is the word 
she taught me.

perspective 
has become my 
mantra.

give me perspective.
keep perspective!
can we have perspective?

on the most part 
i have perspective...
at 
least more
than i did before. 

and yet 
present words
past memories
and that thing called angst
particularly angst as to 
what could be
gets in the way of clarity.

so 
now...
to practice what i write
to practice what i preach
to practice what i long for...

perspective.
breathe in perspective.

yes
this is what i will do.

a friend wrote me the other day 
and told me how her perspective 
had been totally skewed 
because of the words 
spoken by one in her past. 

a friend from the past 
called her and instead of 
warm memories and laughter 
she offered 
judgment and condemnation. 

and yet,
i can't help but believe 
that in the midst 
of words that 
sound like judgment 
and condemnation 
is a yearning for 
something deeper and better
even for the one 
speaking words 
that hurt.

perspective.

life shifts
and constantly moves
this is the perspective 
i've gained in the past four years. 

perspective. 

give me a 
double dose of perspective!

make that a triple!

where is velma 
when you need her!

perspective.
she's here with me.
and 
have 
per
spec
tive. 







No comments: