Wednesday, August 22, 2012

meredith, gene and sue...

well
meredith 
and gene 
in nashville
and sue in dallas
along with a few others...

seems 
my story is not over...

seems the hole in the roof
i preached about 
on sunday 
has been 
broken open 
in a personal way
and the light of 
grace and life 
are shining through 
so brightly 
i  can't 
ignore it.

a phone call 
from 
that little institution 
called s.m.u.
came yesterday
asking me my intentions 
my direction.

so if 
i am to practice 
what i preach 
then i 
can't stand gawking 
up at the light.

i have to 
do something
with the story 
GOD keeps 
gifting me with.

what was certain 
is now 
in question.

perhaps 
this journey 
called 
"doctor 
of ministry"
might continue.

all i know is 
i pulled out the 
binder
and i'm 
talking to 
the director
about the 
rest of this story.

seems that this 
kind of story has 
been told more than once 
in the bible.

seems i've come 
to the end of 
my wrestling match with 
GOD 
and need to get on living.

seems i'll 
do something 
and the something i do
will be 
a result of 
your words and prayers 
and questions 
and encouragement:
meredith
gene
and sue.

my 
"i'm finished."
has now 
transformed into 
a question 
yet 
again.

and i think
well i know
y'all 
are partly 
the reason why!


No comments: