Friday, April 22, 2011

Holy Week Art at Second Presbyterian, Nashville

This photo is titled "Brotherly Love"
taken by Melissa Du Puy.



Linda Crossan's interpretation of "Jesus laid in the tomb"
She based this artwork on a wilting flower pedal.
The tiny bowl is filled with myrrh.




This is my artwork for the death of Christ.
I took the pictures of the three empty chairs
while living in Gatesville, Texas.
They represent for me the Holy Trinity.
The emptiness of God is before us that we might be full.



The accompanying poem with my art:

Emptied...
Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer...
that I might be filled.
Standing before your emptiness
O God...
I am.



This is precious.
Little Esther Grace gets her feet washed
at the Maundy Thursday service
at Second Presbyterian Church
in Nashville, Tennessee.
I won't be able to be part of her baptism....
so I got in on the washing of her tiny feet!


No comments: