Monday, February 14, 2011

vote me off the island

We've been called to be one body.

For just as the body is one and has many members,
and all the members of the body, though many,
are one body, so it is with Christ...


For the body does not consist of one member but of many...
If the foot should say,
"Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,"
that would not make it any less a part of the body...

If one member suffers, all suffer together;
if one member is honored, all rejoice together. (I Corinthians 12)


Today it was made clear to me...
"We are no longer willing to suffer together.
We are no longer willing to listen.
We intend to build an island
so that we no longer have to deal with the 'issue'"

The issue;
ordination standards.

But when has there been any amount of listening?
When the environment has not been safe to speak
how do ears hear?

How do ears and hearts hear
if others cannot speak?
How do you know
when you have not heard?

Vote me off the island.

I'm part of the body.

I'm part of the whole.
I'm part of the body
that when one member suffers
we all suffer
and when one member rejoices
we all rejoice.

Vote me off the island.
I'm part of the body.


(fyi: the Fellowship PC (USA) a group of ministers
and leaders in the church have proposed a new
plan to create an "island" where they can exist
in like-mindedness over and apart from the whole.)

No comments: