Thursday, July 1, 2010

The three H's of Faith...



photos by Rev. Wm. Blake Spencer

I am thankful

for the small
church I am
currently serving.

First Presbyterian Church
Gatesville, Texas!

They offered me
hospitality when I arrived
on their doorstep.


They also

gave me a porch
to sit on where
I have discovered
again what Christian
welcome and invitation
is all about.

They offered me
healing...
not once flinching
in the face of my
journey through grief.
They laughed,
hugged, and fed me.

They offer me
hope.
Though I must
journey from this place...
this little church
planted in me hope.

This little church

lives and proclaims
what our
denomination
longs to claim.

Hospitality.
Let us offer it with boldness.

Healing.
Let us open ourselves to it.

Hope.
Let us believe together.
Let us hope together.

No comments: