Thursday, July 15, 2010

a series: lessons we are still learning

When I was young I had a stuffed Mr. Magoo.
He sat on my bed some days.
Many days he went where I went.
I think I carried him so many places
one of his arms fell off.

Mr. Magoo was my friend.
He taught me...
to take the time
to hear the whole story
before you label someone
a lunatic.

"Quincy Magoo (or simply Mr. Magoo)
is a cartoon character created at the UPA
animation studio in 1949.
Voiced by Jim Backus,
Quincy is a wealthy,
short-sighted retiree
who gets into a series of sticky situations.
As a result of his near sightedness,
compounded by his stubborn
refusal to admit the problem
affected people consequently
tend to think that he is a lunatic,
rather than just being near sighted."

His catch phrase was:

"O Magoo, you've done it again!"

We need Magoo around...
we need him to do it again!

No comments: