Tuesday, July 27, 2010

how we fit together...



God uniquely gifts us.
No two people
have the same set of gifts.

For instance:

I will always have the gift of remembering
how my grandmothers house smelled.

I can tell you all about the smell
and how every time I walked into my Nana's house
and breathed in
I knew I was in a safe and loving place.

You too might remember the memory of a smell....
but neither of us can recreate the exact memory for each other.
God uniquely gifts us.

Because we are unique...
our relationships are unique.

No one couple, family, or set of friends
fit together in the same way.

How we love and live may have similarities
but
God loves us so deeply
God gives space for uniqueness.

In many ways
along the way in this life journey
I've felt like a puzzle piece that did not fit.

And then....

I discovered in powerful and deep ways
that my puzzle piece
and my life puzzle

were created unique....
were called good.

It is not required
for us to understand each other.
All that matters is
you and I
know we are
uniquely gifted,
and blessed to love and to love.

Today I celebrate
the wonderfully unique life puzzle
God has gifted me with.

Alleluia.
Amen.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You are in such a good place. Alleluia!