Sunday, June 27, 2010

GA 219 don't look back!

Jesus said to him, "No one who puts his hand to the plow
and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62

Just prior to this, someone came up to Jesus
and said, "I will follow you where ever you go."

Jesus said:
Do you understand that animals in the wild
have a place to rest....a home...
but I do not.

I was born in a manger
in a stable.
I had no place to rest my head.
I don't have a home now.

And you say....
you will follow me
where ever I go?

Yes,
Lord....
we will follow you!
But
first let us get every
thing in the church
decent and in order.
Let us make sure
the Book of Order
is polished and
made perfect.
When we do that...
we will be ready to follow
where ever you go.


No.
Jesus says.
You don't have time
for all that polishing.

Let the dead bury their dead.
You can't expect to plow if
you keep looking back.


And yet....
we will wrestle
with the Bible in one hand
and the Book of Order in the other.

We follow....
B U T
we expect the journey
to be
decent and orderly...
comfortable and expected...
we expect
all the comforts

of home
with everything thing
in it's

place....
the way we want it....
the way we expect it...
the way we demand it.

No comments: