Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"normal" returns?

photo taken in LA last summer by Blake Spencer

Liminality.

A big
snooty
academic word.
When it all comes down to
it
simply means
"a major life event
that stops us in our tracks".

You have or
will have your
own liminal moment.
I've been living mine the
past year and a half.

Somewhere along the
liminal journey
I discovered
that I was actually going
to survive.

I've tried to share here
in this space what
my moment of
liminality has
involved.

Somewhere along the
liminal journey
I let go of some
long held myths
in my life.

Letting go was

more difficult than I
ever imagined.

Somewhere along the
liminal journey
I began to
sense
"normal"
again.

Just this week for
the first time
in a really
really
long time
I am behind...
I can't get everything
accomplished that
I want to accomplish.

For the first time in
a really
really
long time
the minutes
and hours of
each day aren't
ticking at an
agonizingly
slow pace.

For the first time
in a really
really
long time
this
place
where I have
ended up in life
is beginning
to feel normal.

I suppose
one could say
I'm back in
the race...
stronger
and
ready.

No comments: