Wednesday, September 2, 2009

blessing...

Sometimes a person gets to see the fruit of thier labor. Ok, I need to clarify that I am only a tiny part of this story....but I am part of it, and with great joy lift up prayers of thanksgiving.

I remember the day I sat with her on the bench in the courtyard of a small church in San Antonio. We talked about various things. She was there because I told her I needed to speak with her. We eventually got to the topic. I told her I sensed that God was calling her into ministry and asked her to consider the gifts she has for the church.

Years past and now she is a candidate for ministry and is serving the church and is using the gifts of her writing. In fact she's already had a prayer published. I just read it and want to share a portion here:

Here's part of my dear Katy Schneider's prayer:

...And send us out in song

Into a world filled with blood and fire
Blood that is not yours,
Fire that knows not your name

Blood in hospitals, on battelfields, and even in your church
Fire sweeping over crops, and forests,
Flames that hiss in politics and pulpits

The broken, the wounded, the naked
Show us how to hold them
The hungry, the homeless, the lost
Show us how to feed them
The world, the nation, our city small
Show us how to imbue them with your love

Our lives, this day and always
Show us how to walk with you
Our lives, this day and always
Show us how to live for you
Our lives this day and always
Show us how to preach you
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Show us how to praise you and pray to you,
Until you come again...

The church we serve may be in decline....however God's Spirit continues to fill and move and stir up life. This is a blessing I will cherish.

No comments: