Saturday, October 4, 2008

another MILE stone...

I wish I could say that's me in the photo but I can't! However, this morning I did what I haven't done in almost twenty something years....

I ran a mile! I also walked a total of 8000 steps.

It may not sound like monumental news....but for me it is. I used to run two miles on a regular basis....but during graduate school gave it up. I moved to a hilly place and decided I wasn't a "hilly" runner!

During the last three months I've lost 17 pounds and hope to lose 15 more.

Some changes in life fill better than others.

Now I wonder why I convinced myself that I did not have control over my weight? There are certainly other things in life I cannot control....but this I can. So bring it on!


2 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh don't say that! if you are in control of yours then I am in control of mine! waaaaah!

Reverend Shawn said...

YOU DA MAN !!!

Keep up the good work my friend !!!