Tuesday, August 26, 2008

surrender...

Am I right. Maybe. Am I wrong. Why is it we spend so much time in life in this tug of war. We stew about being right and others not acknowledging our rightness. We pout and if we are courageous and wise enough we admit when we are wrong.

The truth be told. I am right and I am wrong.
The truth be told. I am ready to put down the rope.
I ready to be accepting of what I am right about and what I am wrong about.

The person closest to me says that all there is left to do is surrender to God.
So that is what I am in the process of doing.
Part of the day I am quite good at surrendering.
The other part of the day I panic and want more than anything to control everything.
Moments I am flooded with peace.
Other moments I am filled with fear.

But...

Deep down I know that I have surrendered my heart, mind and soul to God.
The strongest, best part of me has given my present and my future to God and because I have I feel peace.

I know I probably will not surrender 100 percent....but I have given to God more of me than I ever have.

I don't know why it took me so long.


1 comment:

TwinB said...

It's a journey, my friend. Take it one step at a time remembering God is holding you in the palm of his hand - HE is in control, you don't have to be.