Monday, July 21, 2008

at the lake...


Our annual trek takes us to the lake. There's just something about this place....it's always time for a nap! We are with our good friends PT Pastor and Fat Doctor and thier delightful son. We swam a bit this afternoon. The rest of the day has been all about relaxing.

As I play with friends 3 year old I remember when PT wasn't yet married and he was playing with our 3 year old. Time changes all things. This year our once 3 year old stayed at home. He's almost 18 and has a full-time job this summer.

We have come to that moment when we just have to trust that my son will make wise decisions while we are gone. We have done all we can do to teach him responsibility, ethics, morality, etc. He has to do it now on his own. I'm a bit nervous....but I can't do much about it. I choose to trust.

If you haven't yet taken time to rest, relax and enjoy this summer....it's time to do something about it. We don't have a lot of expendable cash but we refuse to give this time away up. Happy week. Mine will be.


No comments: