Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Passages of Time...

I drove with my daughter for the first time since she got her drivers permit. The permit is one day old. I can remember when she was sitting on the kitchen floor with her new baby doll. She was so proud and happy about that doll. Now she is driving.

She did a good job....drove rather slow, sort of afraid, but did a good job.

My son got another part time job that may be full-time this summer. He will be working at a tire company. He went for his training today. They kept him a full seven hours. He was told that he learned more in one day than others had learned in a week.

When he got to work he didn't see his name of the schedule. They had written the initials J.D. a nick name they already gave him......J.D. for John Deere. He plans to get a John Deere Diesel Mechanical Engineering Degree. The guys at the tire store were impressed.....thus the nick name.

My how time flies.

No comments: