Friday, November 9, 2012

old dog learns new....

a new day
for brother
and sister...
my dogs

a new day 
for me i suppose

it was the 
right time to take a walk

i
needed a walk 
and so did 
my older
gaining
weight 
dogs

a new day
for me

i am tired
of brother
and sister 
yanking the leash 
and pulling me in their
own directions

i am tired 
of being the one
taken for a 
walk

so i 
did today
what my dear
THOM
has taught me to do:

make clear 
who the boss is
make clear
who is 
in charge

so 
i did

by the end of the walk
brother 
and sister 
walked 
politely by my side

sister fell in line 
with more ease
brother on the other hand 
took more attention

i stopped repeatedly 
and made brother look 
me in the eye

it is a new day

really not 
interested in 
being pulled 
in directions 
i don't want to go

old dogs can 
learn new ways
brother and sister
will do nicely

and so will
i



No comments: