Wednesday, December 22, 2010


I know my way
around another city.

Really
this is the joy of living
in a new place.

Today,
I've lived in Nashville
long enough
to know
where I am.

Thinking back
I've learned more shortcuts
than I can remember
from Main Street
to Main Street
I discover
new places to eat
and new people to meet.

Frazier in Conroe, TX
Fredonia in Nacogdoches, TX

Sam Houston Ave, in Huntsville, TX
5th Street in Austin, TX
Bardstown Road in Louisville, KY
East Main in El Dorado, AR
Montrose in Houston, TX
South Alamo in San Antonio, TX
Beltline in Richardson, TX
East Leon in Gatesville, TX
Music Row in Nashville, TN

Each place
a new story.

I think about what it means to move
and what it must be like to stay put.

All
I
ever end up knowing though
is that this life I live
is simply a journey
and I'm
not quite finished.

No comments: