Saturday, May 22, 2010

bumper sticker illusion

A bumper sticker question:
"Does life have control of you or
Do you have control of life?

A question designed to
inspire a life change?
A question designed to
create a sense of guilt?
A question designed to
make a buck?

Control.
It seems you have
control of your life.


Not at all.
Control is a myth...
one of the many myths
our culture loves to
sell,
believe,
promote,
preach.

Joy, happiness,
healthy self esteem,
purpose and
meaning in life,
faith....
has very little to do with
control.

Control has more to do with
illusions and denial.
I am not in control of my life.
You are not in control of my life.
You are not in control of your life.
I am not in control of your life.

Those who promote control...
Those who promise control...
Those who pretend to have control...
are simply those who want control
of your bank account,
or your allegiance.

I don't have control of life,
but I've discovered peace.

I don't have control of life,
but I have confidence and hope.

I don't have control of life,
but I do know why I am loved
and why I love.

Oh the myths and illusions we love
to believe.

No comments: