Friday, January 9, 2009

unbelievably moving

The reason for the gathering was tragic. A police officer was killed on the line of duty. This officer made a difference. Several nights on the local news they told his story. The most moving story were the ex-gang members who showed up to pay honor and thanks to this man.

My family lives just blocks away from the gigantic cemetery where the officer was laid to rest. I walked from the church to the cemetery to pick up the car. O.k. not actually pick it up but get in it and drive away. I arrived as law enforcement officers, and firefighters were getting in to place to honor the family of the officer.

While waiting I was interviewed by channel eight, visited with people who became friends. Over 200 police cars, motorcycles, helicopter, and fire engines drove into the cemetery. Wow! That's all I can say.

Everyone should be honored this way.


No comments: