Thursday, October 9, 2008

my babies have grown up...

This weekend my precious daughter will turn 16. She took her time coming into the world. My wife went into labor on a Saturday evening and stayed in labor until early Sunday morning. Finally the decision was made to bring my daughter into the world via a c-section. It didn't happen soon enough. She was born at the very moment both our congregations were busy worshiping. As she said this week, "The world became a very different place the day I was born!" Indeed it is so.

My son will turn 18 in a month. He offers his suave pose above. Unlike my daughter he burst on the scene before we had time to take our next breath. His birth followed was followed by adoption was followed by a truly blessed life. I'm talking about my life. This young man is evidence that our future is in good hands.

My babies.....
They've grown up.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I remember when my daughter was born thinking I had eighteen years of parental responsibility ahead...how little did I know - my two are twenty eight and twenty four and I still worry about them every day - it's a life sentence of love and grey hairs!