Friday, October 24, 2008

UPDATE :) Happy day after Mol day!

Mol not Mole Silly!

My daughter informed me the other day
via text during class that
the she got the answer part
of the equation below wrong which
lowered her grade of course....but still a
solid passing grade for good effort.
If all of life could be so gracious!

Happy day after Mol day! Did you know yesterday was Mol day? I didn't either until my daughter came home with a homework assignment. She had to design and wear a t-shirt for Mol day. She missed Mol day so she is wearing her day after Mol day t-shirt today.

Here's the message on her Day After Mol Day T-Shirt!

If you had a mol of pennies, how many dollars would each person on earth have, if you shared your pennies?

Give up?

The answer is as follows:

6.02 x 10 (23) divided by 100 which equals 6.02 x 10 (21)

6.02 x 10 (21) divided by 6,853,411,040 equals 4.13 x 10 (31)


O.k. I don't have a clue what all this means....simply put the answer is each person would have trillions of dollars.
(I think that's what my daughter said.)

Maybe our government needs to celebrate Mol day more often!

No comments: