Sunday, July 13, 2008

visiting my parents last week...

My grandmother sketched the design for this building on scratch piece of paper. This was the location of my maternal grandfather's Pontiac dealership in the late 40's and 50's. It is currently being transformed into a community theater.

Soon the building to the right will be remodeled. This is the site of my paternal grandfather's cafe which operated in the 60's.

This was my mother's aunt's house. She married a man who struck oil. The next photo will show you that I grew up on another branch of the family tree.

This is where my mother's parents lived. The house above (my rich great aunt) was on the other side of the bushes to the right. My great aunt detested my grandmother. She never thought she was good enough for my grandfather. This is their old house today, not well kept.


This is where I went to school from 3rd to 5th grade. The tree to the far left is the pecan tree my 5th grade class planted on arbor day!


No comments: