Thursday, July 17, 2008

singing the blues...

The President says that the economy is fine. Phil Graham says that we're all just a bunch of whiners. The President says that he doesn't have a magic wand to make the economy all better, especially the gas crisis. He says that it took a long time to get this way and it will take a long time to get better.

Funny, I recall the gas prices sky rocketing over night. I recall a barrel of gas going up only a few cents and the prices at the pump going up dollars in one afternoon. Seems to me the President does have a magic wand when it is in his favor.

Many of us are singing the blues. I have a truck that just cost $900 to repair and two other cars waiting to be repaired. My salary is not keeping up with the increasing costs of gas and food. I still have a house, and health insurance though. I am thankful for that.


I and many others are singing the blues....
And the blues my friends has nothing to do with whining!

Update: tcugrad, I don't know for sure....that's why I use the word "seems". I do know the current President and the Vice President have oil backgrounds and just maybe they might even have large oil related stock options. If so, high pump prices would be in their personal favor.

1 comment:

TCUgrad said...

I appreciate your blog and your insight, and while I am no fan of the President, I think your comment that "Seems to me the President does have a magic wand when it is in his favor" is shortsighted. How are higher gas prices in his favor? As someone with a background in economics, I can assure you that neither, party nor the current administration, is to blame for the cyclical movings of a national economy.