Tuesday, February 9, 2010

you know you are in a red neck church when...

This sign from Alabama speaks for itself...
I am currently serving in a small church in Central Texas where the members joke that they might as well put a gun rack on the back of the church van.

Also, not long ago I hit a deer. Couldn't avoid doing so. Never had happened to me before. When I told my family and friends about the ordeal they all responded with concern. When I told the congregation they belly laughed and said, "Welcome. You're one of us now!"

A member recently sent me this email:

You know you are in a redneck church if the choir robes were donated by (and embroidered with the logo from) Billy Bob's Bar-b-que.

You know you are in a redneck church when instead of using a bell to signal the beginning of worship a duck call is used.

You know you are in a redneck church if the Communion Wine is Boones Farm "Tickled Pink"!

No comments: